This homemade watermelon-lemonade recipe is a knockout with your favorite gin. I like to make the lemonade and then combine it with lots of ice and gin in a blender to make an ice-cold slushie. Garnish with a lemon and a rosemary sprig. Take THAT, 100-degree heat!!
Serves 6 (thanks to @piccantedolce for the recipe!)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup lemon juice – fresh squeezed
- 7 cups watermelon – cut into a 1″ dice – approx. half a medium watermelon
- 8 ounces gin
- 1 lemon – thinly sliced
- Place sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan; add rosemary sprigs. Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved, remove from heat, cover saucepan and let sit for at least an hour to infuse.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice with cubed watermelon. Add the watermelon in batches, blending in between each addition.
- Add in the rosemary simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture is at your desired sweetness. I use about a cup.
- Pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add 1 cup of cold water, and the gin. Stir to combine. Serve in jars garnished with a lemon slice and half of a rosemary sprig. (Again, combine everything into a blender with lots of ice to make slushies!)