Special Events Manager
Job Description: Central Oregon’s leader in beverage catering & professional bartending, Twist Cocktail Catering Co. is seeking an experienced Special Events Manager to administer all aspects of our contracted weddings, corporate parties and special events.
The Special Events Manager be responsible for leading and supervising a team of 6-12 bartenders and will be directly responsible for event planning, coordination, logistics and event execution. The right candidate will be positive, self-motivated, detail oriented and have the ability to make decisions quickly. The right candidate is seeking a career opportunity to grow an existing company into new regions and new lines of service. The new Special Events Manager will be passionate, inventive, creative and will be able to bring new ideas to the table, motivate staff and go above and beyond client expectations.
Key Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this position as follows:
- Train, supervise, motivate and lead our team of 6-12 bartenders, and a team of contractors.
- Responsible for the coordination, planning, execution, and pre & post event production for all contracted events.
- Coordinate, administer and assist in executing all special events booked with Twist Cocktail Catering Co. and Olive Bartending Service.
- Work closely with clients to insure all aspects of the celebration are documented and executed to precise specifications. Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate intuitive customer care to insure client satisfaction. Create, maintain and update all special event files.
- Determine appropriate number of staff necessary to execute each event and create staffing schedules.
- Work closely with our team members to ensure excellent customer transition from contract to event execution.
- Delegate and oversee all event logistics to ensure event success.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, vendors & staff including prompt phone & email responses and meetings.
- Work side-by-side with wedding planners, catering partners and other vendors to insure a seamless guest experience.
- Create and maintain external vendor relationships and communications.
- Present a professional demeanor to clients at all times even when under pressure.
- Fully trained in all aspects of Twist & Olive’s operations including bartending, pre & post event production, event logistics, office and warehouse management.
- Maintain all communication files and follow-up with deposits and records.
- Responsible for overseeing inventory management, monitoring supplies and equipment maintenance.
Job Requirements: The individual must exemplify the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as an event manager with a strong emphasis on customer service, team leadership and marketing.
- Strong background in events and hospitality management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and supervise staff members.
- A friendly, professional and charismatic personality.
- Must carry or obtain within two weeks of employment an OLCC Service Permit and Oregon Food Handler’s Permit.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, customer service, and organizational skills are necessary;
- Decisive leader with the ability to quickly resolve issues independently;
- Exemplary customer service standards. Be willing to “go the extra mile” to satisfy our clients;
- Ability to keep calm under pressure;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Self-motivated, highly-organized, positive with a good attention to detail;
- Strong computer and social media skills
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bartending experience preferred
- Clean driving record required in order to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and move supplies and equipment ranging from 10 to 50 lbs.
- A training wage of $16-$19/hour, DOE.
- Bonus option available for exceeding sales goals
- Paid time off and comp time available
- 28-32 hours per week during shoulder seasons
- 40 hours per week June-October
- Semi-flexible schedule—usually working Tuesday-Saturday, day and evening hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 541.633.5855