Beer brewing is a huge part of our culture here in Central Oregon. Our delicious micro brews are world class with no shortage of variety for every season. We’ve seen an increase of beer themed wedding celebrations that have everything from beer inspired food to decor and activities. If you’ve kicked around the idea of having a beer themed wedding, you’ve come to right place. We absolutely love beer weddings – it’s what we do!
Beer Themed Wedding Checklist:
1. Talk to your cocktail catering company about what beers you’d like to serve. Variety is key and you want to make sure to have some local favorites like an IPA as well as a lighter beer that serves a wider audience like.
2. For an upscale “pub grub” and dessert menu, ask your caterer and bakery if they can incorporate beer into some of their recipes.
3. Talk to your florist about adding hops to your floral designs. The bright green color really brings arrangements together beautifully.
4. Plan beer themed bachelor/bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners and even a brunch.
5. Talk to your bar service about signature his and her beer offerings for your reception and a fun way you’d like to have them serve your beer.
6. Consider offering beer cocktails, yes beer cocktails at your wedding reception!
White Wedding Beer Cocktail:
8 oz. Belgian Style Wit
1 oz. Cascade Street Gin
1/2 oz. St. Germain Elderflower liqeur
1/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
Make sure all ingredients are chilled before preparing this drink.
Add gin, liqueur, and lemon juice to a cocktail glass. Slowly pour in the Belgian Wit.
Stir gently and add a dash of the bitters, garnish with lemon.