If you’re getting married anytime soon, you’ve probably been checking off several lists. To do lists, date lists, guest lists…the lists goes on! Twist knows that the countdown to your celebration can have it’s frustrating moments and having checklists is the best way to ensure that everything is done in a timely and efficient manner.
Another very important checklist is one for your Wedding Cocktail Bar – things to think about before, during and after your upcoming celebration. There are SO many details that need to be thought of before your big day, however once you’ve answered these questions, your Wedding Cocktail Bar Checklist will get smaller and smaller!
1. What type of theme are you going for? Rustic? Fantasy? Elegant? Your cocktail catering company can definitely combine your theme into the style of the bar and menu.
2. What type of alcohol do you want to serve? Is this a casual wedding with beer and wine only or is there a cocktail hour planned with signature drinks?
3. What season are you getting married in? Do you want your bar inside or outside or both? Summer bars are fun outside but need to be protected from the elements, winter wedding bars should always be inside.
4. What type of toast do you want to have? Discuss the options with your cocktail catering company – there are so many unique and fun options today other than a traditional champagne toast.
5. What will the kids drink? Make sure to have fun drinks for kids to drink like flavored lemonades, Shirley Temples or non alcoholic daiquiris – fun!
6. Have you planned out a detailed timeline? What type of flow do you want? Some couples opt for a welcome cocktail before the ceremony, while others plan for a traditional cocktail hour after the ceremony so they can sneak away for pictures.
Need a signature cocktail idea? Check out this recipe below, it’s great for both bride and groom guests.
2 parts Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
2 parts Black Iced Tea
1/2 part fresh lemon juice
1/2 part Orange Curacao
Lemon wedges for garnish
Preparation: Put all the liquids in a shaker with ice and shake it up, pour over fresh ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.